Adult Education -The Spiritual Leadership Institute
The Spiritual Leadership Institute
Adult programming at UUCR acknowledges the need and desire for deeper personal and spiritual growth of members of all ages. Our Spiritual Leadership Institute (SLI) was developed in 2015 to offer classes, programs and events that challenge the mind, broaden perspective and deepen connections within the UUCR community. Courses are offered by a variety of professionals and trained lay leaders, UUCR staff, members and invited guests.
As new offerings are identified and scheduled throughout the year, announcements will be posted here so please check back frequently! All programs are advertised through various church communication channels and through social media. We invite your feedback, suggestions, and participation. Contact the Director of Lifespan Religious Education if you have questions or ideas!
Winter Offerings to spark the mind and warm the spirit!
- Sunday Sojourn- a ‘drop in’ gathering for members and friends after our single or second service Fellowship Hour-all are invited to bring brown bag lunch or order in. Meetings will include focused conversations and activities each week. (This group meets Sundays Feb- March-no meeting on 3/18)
- MOSAIC: Mosaic of Spiritually and Intellectually Curious Women Tuesday February 20–an ongoing monthly gathering offered (for and by) those inspired by the essence of the divine feminine.
- Spirit In Practice-ongoing Feb-March -Led by Reverend Hank Peirce-An eight session course ‘ created to help Unitarian Universalists develop regular disciplines, or practices, of the spirit—practices that help them connect with the sacred ground of their being, however they understand it’.This popular class is full-watch for this opportunity again next year!
- Grief Support Group coming on Monday evenings in April 2018
- Articulating Your UU Faith coming in May – 5 workshops offering ‘engaging exercises that invite participants to identify and ‘articulate’ their liberal religious ideals’.
- Chalice Circles are ongoing meetings led by church members– learn more here: http://uureading.org/connection/small-group-ministry.
- UU Basics (a class offering UU & UUCR history) is offered several times throughout the year.