Kris Kringle Fair is very close! Our fair will be held Saturday, Nov 12th.
Donations drop-offs start Sunday Nov. 6th after 3:00 pm:
Sunday, Nov. 6, from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Mon & Tues from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Wed & Thurs from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Fri from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Fellowship Hall: Country Store (all week); Baked Goods & Snack Bar (Fri. & Saturday)
The Atrium: LARGE items for Attic Treasures (all week)
Community Hall: All other Attic Treasures items (all week)
Sanctuary: Silent Auction, Books (Adult & Teen), Kids Only Gift Shop, Boutique
Loring House: Toys and Kids Books, Jewelry, Potpourri
- Volunteers for Fair Day still needed in most areas, but especially in:
Jewelry Kids Toys & Books Kids Only Gift Shop
More fair day workers needed in these areas as well:
Snack Bar Attic Treasures
To help, contact table chairs listed in donation descriptions or KKfairchair@gmail.com.
- Country Store asks you to save your used canning jars & bring them to their table for reuse. If you have some this week, you can leave them in their area in Fellowship Hall or contact Lorraine Dennis.
- Clean-Up needs more Crew for a couple of hours beginning right as the fair ends in order to get our campus ready for Sunday morning. Contact Mark Taitz at email@example.com.
KK Fair Happenings
You can beginning bidding on and buying some pre-Fair items. The Silent Auction is revealing just a few items to get your bidding juices flowing. Bids to be placed throughout the fair on Nov 12th:
- VINTAGE GRECIAN URN hand made and painted ornamental vase, indicated N. 2, 7″ tall, at least 50 years old $53 Ebay Value
- JULIE GOOD-KRUGER TESS Doll Limited Edition- 1000 made.. $95 Value About 20 inches tall. Comes with stand in the original box. Certificate of Authenticity included.
Pre-fair sales of Large Attic Treasures
It has begun! There are some beautiful pieces and great deals so check out on Facebook (see directions below)!
Again, some photos to encourage and tempt you:
- How to View Items via Facebook
• Pre-Sale Event Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/1117875374969747
• UUCR Facebook URL: https://www.facebook.com/UUCRMA/
In “Upcoming Events,” scroll down to KK Fair Pre-Sale Auction. Then look under recent posts. Photos are attached in Comments.
- Bidding Process
• If interested in making a bid please post as a comment under the desired item. If you do not have Facebook access you can send an email to KKFairAuction@gmail.com and request a photo (reference the item name and number). You can also place a bid via email making sure to reference the item name and number along with your bid amount. Also include your contact information.
• For those who bid via email, a notification will be sent to let bidders know the current high bid on November 3rd and again on November 10th in the event bidders want increase their bids.
• Bidding ends Friday November 11 at 9pm. At that time the winners will be notified by email. Payment can be made by cash or credit card at the KK Fair on Saturday November 12. Items will be available for pickup in Stoneham. Piano pickup in North Reading.
- Item Descriptions
1. Outdoor patio table and four chairs. Table is 3′ by 3′. Starting bid: $50
2. Outdoor Chaise lounge. Cushion needs to be replaced. Starting bid: $10
3. Upright piano(pictured above). Excellent condition. Includes bench and music. 38″ high/23″ deep/57″ wide. Buyer must arrange and cover cost of moving. Starting bid: $50
4. Plush rocking recliner chair. Essentially new – only very lightly used. Starting bid: $50
5. Antique Cherry Secretary (pictured above). Good condition. Starting bid: $50
6. Convertible couch beds. (2 identical) Good condition Lightly used. Starting bid: $20 each
7. White wooden desk/chair and dresser combo (pictured above). Starting bid: $30
8. Solid Wood desk. Starting bid $20
9. Furniture hutch. 3 Shelves on top, drawers on bottom. 6′ tall/48″ wide. (Worn and missing 2 knobs.) Starting bid: $15
10. Dining table. Looks like rustic wood. Heavy molded plastic, 2 pedestal legs. 39″ wide, 88″ long, extendable by 24″ Starting bid: $15
11. 6 dining chairs. Fabric in good condition. Starting bid: $75
Other items available for sale
- First come first serve. (first email first serve!) Pickup in Stoneham. Suggested price or best offer.
12a/12b. 2 metal wardrobes. Shelf on top; hanging bar below. $5 each
13. Hexagonal end table. $5
14. Folding wood veneer dining table. $10
15. Dark wood dresser. $10
16. Shelves $5
17a/17b. 2 laminate/pressboard desks $5 each
Thanks for all the collecting you have already done. Please sort your donations into the appropriate areas.
Attic Treasures: Gently used housewares, furniture, decorative items, pictures, craft, pet supplies, adult games and puzzles, sports equipment, etc. (Please: NO electronics, mugs, glass vases.) In selecting your items, keep in mind that we must pay to dispose of unsaleable items. Contact Alec Kealing at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kevin Kealing at email@example.com.
Baked Goods: Bring us your home-made cookies, cakes, coffee cakes, pies, breads—whatever you enjoy making. Add list of ingredients or recipes please. Questions, contact Dru Wood-Beckwith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Book Table: We welcome the following donations: Used books (adult and young adult), DVDs, CDs, books on tape, computer programs. Please: NO textbooks, magazines, music audio tapes, or computer programs on floppy disks. We need volunteers for setup the week prior and to sell books the day of the Fair. Contact Anne Mark: email@example.com or Gail Page at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boutique: The Boutique features handmade items of all kinds. If you sew, knit, crochet, or create things of paper, wood, ceramics, or another medium we’d love to offer your work at the Far. Do you make jewelry? Baskets? Fine photographs? Stained glass? Doll supplies? Accessories for pets? Ornaments? Potholders? Let us know what you might be able to contribute. Contact: Tammy Zambo email@example.com or Susanne Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org.
Country Store: We need you and your home-made specialties. We welcome all goodies: jams, jellies, preserves, relishes, pickles. rubs, small bags of fudge, cookie or brownie mixes (in an old fashioned Mason Jar?), dried soup mixes, your own canned chili or soup, new country towels, kids’ mittens, hair ribbons, aprons, & kitchen tools. We even love pet treats. We can supply recipes. Send questions to Liz Lovell email@example.com or Lorraine Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jewelry: Baubles from high-end to inexpensive, from antique to on-trend. One person’s unwanted jewelry is another person’s treasure. Donate your unwanted jewelry NOW in the marked baskets in the Atrium. Contact Lynne Champion (email@example.com) or Nancy Bond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kids Only Gift Shop: Kids love to buy inexpensive gifts for family and friends. What do you have at home a child could buy for a special someone? Contact Becky O’Neill or Gloria Little at email@example.com.
Kids Toys and Books: We love toys, puzzles, books, DVDs, blocks, ride-on toys, dress-up clothes, sports equipment, music instruments for kids. Contact Rebecca Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janee Tichy at email@example.com.
Potpourri: We are seeking new or new-like items your’ve acquired that someone else could give as a “new” gift. Contact Beth Bauer or Joan Cushing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silent Auction is ready to collect your items. We seek high-interest items to create spirited bidding. Tickets…a collectible…an extraordinary piece of jewelry…art…cut glass…a handbag or scarf…holiday gift baskets…gift certificates…professional services. Contact Paula Tucci (email@example.com).
Snack Bar: Cash donations are appreciated in order to purchase drinks, chips, paper good for hungry shoppers. Donations may be made at KK Fair Table during social hours.